“There is a very strong inclusive ethos in the school. Staff and pupils feel as if they are ‘part of a family’.” – Ofsted 2018.
We are delighted that the June 2018 inspection team determined that our school continues to be good.
Our Ofsted reports can be found below.
Our commitment to our pupils
The Pupil Premium is additional to main school funding. It is provided to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) and those pupils who are not. It is designed to ensure that funding can reach the pupils who need it most. We are committed to ensuring that every pupil in our school can attain their highest achievement.
Since 2012, the Pupil Premium has increased. The reason for this increase is the allocation of FSM to pupils who have been eligible for FSM during any of the last six years (FSM Ever 6).
The Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy catch up premium is given to schools as additional funding to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of Key Stage 2 (KS2).
Schools are not required to publish their exam and assessment results for the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 academic year, as these have not been published as performance measures by the Secretary of State.
Instead, please see below the performance data from our 2018-2019 cohort:
Key Stage 2 performance data
- Progress scores in reading – 2.21, writing – 2.07 and maths – 2.03
- Percentage of pupils who achieved at least the expected standard in reading, writing and maths – 70%
- Percentage of pupils who achieved at a higher standard in reading, writing and maths – 10%
- Average ‘scaled scores’ in reading – 104 and maths – 105
Key Stage 4 performance data
- Progress 8 – +0.15
- Attainment 8 – 44.15
- English Baccalaureate (EBacc) average point score (APS) – 3.96
- Pupils entered for English Baccalaureate – 56.41%
- Percentage of pupils achieving a grade 5 or above in GCSE English and maths – 30%
These achievements reflect the hard work and consistency that our pupils displayed during their time with us.
Please click here to see the information for Carr Manor Community School on the school and college performance tables page.